We have developed an Isolated USB to UART converter to help engineers building HV AC/DC Circuits who need a safer way of interfacing their hardware with a PC.
This is mainly useful for companies/engineers building power electronics products or dealing with High voltage DC or AC signals on the board, and connecting to the Laptop’s USB without isolation may damage the port/laptop.
Non-isolated USB to UART converters also induce leakage currents in many situations and can significantly increase noise.
Serial ports are mainly used to see debug messages, programming, or configuration via command/response protocol.
This can also be useful when building medical products.
What is Unique?
- The board is designed and manufactured in India.
- Via DIP Switch, easy voltage level selection (1.8V/2.5V/3.3V/5.0V) is provided.
- The board can supply 200mA power. When testing a board which doesn’t need much power, this power-sourcing capability helps make the setup easy.
- USB-C Port
- USB to UART Bridge capable of up to 3Mbps
- Isolated Power, capable of up to 200mA
- Isolated RX, TX, RTS, CTS, DTR, DSR
- Signal voltage level selection 1.8/2.5/3.3/5V via DIP Switch
- LED Indication for RX, TX, & Power
- 30mm x 66mm