CAPUF Embedded has released the CH32V003 Dev Kit to simplify developers’ lives.
If an engineer or maker wants to evaluate or start learning about CH32V003, they have an MCU breakout board, which is not very useful. They need to have different breakout boards for different interfaces to explore the MCU fully.
CAPUF Embedded identified this gap and came up with the idea of building a more useful development board. That’s how the CH32V003 Dev Kit was born.
What is this CH32V003 MCU?
The CH32V003 is an ultra-low-cost (10-cent) 32-bit microcontroller based on the RISC-V 2A core. It has a maximum system main frequency of 48MHz and features 2KB of SRAM and 16KB of Flash memory.
The CH32V003 also has a wide range of peripheral interfaces, including a DMA controller, a 10-bit ADC, an op-amp comparator, multiple timers, and standard communication interfaces such as USART, I2C, and SPI. The CH32V003 can be used in a wide range of applications.
CH32V003 Dev Kit Top View
CH32V003 Dev Kit Technical Features
- USB-C Port for Power (5V) and Serial Interface
- On Board 3.3V LDO
- UART – USB to UART
- I2C – Temperature Humidity Sensor
- I2C – Qwiik Connector for connecting external sensor boards
- I2C – 0.96″ 128×64 Pixels OLED Display Module (included in the package)
- I2C – 4 Pin Header is provided to connect to other boards via jumper wires. The connector is not soldered on the board.
- SPI – 8Mbit SPI NOR Flash
- PWM – RGB LED
- GPIO – I/P – Two Keys
- ADC I/P – Variable Resistor / Potentiometer
- GPIO – O/P – One LED and one Buzzer
- 3 Pin header for WCH-LinkE Programmer
- 20 Pin MCU IOs Breakout on headers
- LED Indications for 5V/3.3V/UART RX, TX
- Option for connecting external 24Mhz Oscillator
- MCU Reset Button is provided on the board
PDF Schematic, Dev Kit 3D MOdel Step file will be released soon.
What comes along with the CH32V003 Dev Kit?
CH32V003 Dev Kit comes with the following:
- CH32V003 Dev Kit Development Board
- USB-A to USB-C Cable
- WCHLinkE Programmer
The package includes the above so that the developer does not need to buy anything else to evaluate CH32V003 MCU fully.
How do you start learning MCU Programming?
A Complete CH32V003 Programming Tutorial is available here. This is still a work-in-progress, so more tutorials will be published soon.
What is the Dev Kit’s cost, and where to buy it?
We are currently testing the prototypes, and as soon as the board is ready to be released in the market, its cost will be disclosed.
Please return to this page in 2-3 weeks for further updates.
The CH32V003 Dev Kit will be available soon on our partner stores